Saturday, December 21, 2013

Splenda Experiment

So my good friend, Dave, wanted some "sugar-free" cookies...so he said that I could probably make my cookie recipes using splenda instead...and...here are the results...

Chocolate Chip Cookies (the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag--minus the eggs and using dairy-free butter...mostly because I don't use eggs or dairy in my baking)  So these are vegan, sugar-free cookies.

Looks like normal chocolate chip cookie dough...


Out of the oven, and cooling...still looks pretty good :)


The outside was a bit "crispier" than the normal version, but soft on the inside.

I can definitely taste the splenda, but I'm picky like that...hope my friend finds them acceptable....

Next up...peanut butter cookies...practically the same results, except they seem a bit "drier" to me.

The dough's texture is the same as the normal recipe...


Out of the oven...

Moist in the middle.

And Gingerbread guys and dolls ;)

 Again the dough looks and smells like the normal dough.

Cooling...


Decorated ;)

And finally soft sugar cookies...

The dough was the most different of all the cookies, it was more "bready"...the finish product looked very different as well, but the smell was exactly like the normal soft sugar cookie, however I can most definitely taste the artificial sweetener in all of them. :(




So conclusion...I hope I never have to eat "sugar-free" cookies, but I do hope that my friend Dave is able to enjoy them...

No comments:

Post a Comment