Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hermit Cookies

I know that this is a strange name for a cookie, but I didn't name it.  This is a recipe I modified (from my mom's favorite cookbook) to be egg and dairy free and more palatable for those of us that don't like raisins (sorry, guys, you can add raisins to YOUR cookies, if you want).



Recipe:

1/2 C. margarine
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/8 t. allspice
2 T. almond/soy milk
1 T. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. unbleached white flour
1 C. chopped dried cherries
1/2 C. chopped pecans

Cream together the margarine and sugar, add baking soda, spices, almond/soymilk, and vanilla.  Mix well. Add flour until dough forms, then add cherries and pecans.  I refrigerated this overnight, but it isn't necessary. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Ready for the oven.


Out of the oven

Cooling






No comments:

Post a Comment