Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gingerbread Folk...

First up this morning are the gingerbread "men", mostly because I hate rolling out dough...it's the messiest of the cookies I have for this morning.



Recipe:

1/2 C. butter flavored shortening
1/2 C. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t. ginger
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. allspice
1/2 C. molasses
1 T. apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 C. unbleached white flour

Beat together the shortening and sugar.  Mix in the baking powder and spices, add molasses and vinegar. Mix well, add flour using just enough to make the dough stiff.  I ended up adding about 1 T. Almond milk to reach the right consistency.

Refrigerate until chilled enough to roll out.  Place cutouts on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes.








<<<<STAY TUNED FOR DECORATIONS>>>>



A day later, and I have finally decorated my little people :)
Not to bad for an amateur?


BAH-HUMBUG


Gingerbread-Guy

Gingerbread-Doll

 ALL DONE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment