Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Gluten-free/Raw Update

I can't lie, gluten-free was hard for the first week...even though I'm just "doing my best" at being 95% gluten-free.  The first week I ate a good bit of the "gluten-free" breads, waffles, etc, just replacing what I would normally eat.  Then we did our first "Raw Food" demo, where my friends, Cheryl and Maria, and I demonstrated a day of raw foods.  We did, a green juice, a green smoothie, zucchini with raw alfredo, salad with raw dressings, homemade almond milk, and chocolate and vanilla chia pudding.  So starting that week I've been doing about 80-90% raw foods everyday, which has made "gluten-free" very easy!  

Single serving "Tropical Delight"


Green Juice


Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
(with LOADS of Kale)
Cheers!

Fresh Veggies, with (homemade) Raw Salsa, and sometimes ya just gotta have some Nacho Doritos (I said 80-90% Raw) ;)

This was my after workout drink last night--not as sweet as some of the other juices I've done.

It had an "off" aftertaste, which was probably the red and green chard that was in the "power greens"

This was about 2 cups of the 3 cups that I made...Sara ended up with the last cup, however, she was not as enthusiastic about this one as the others I've made.

I have also been experimenting with some nut/veggie pates, which work well as a "taco" filling, or a spread on gluten-free bread, and even as a dip for raw veggies. (You can check out those recipes and pictures on a previous post.) This week I hope to do some raw crackers in my dehydrator, and experiment with sprouting some nuts/seeds.





No comments:

Post a Comment