Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Raw Brownies

My first attempt at raw "brownies".  I'm not sure I would call these "brownies" because I am of the opinion that there is only one REAL brownie, and that it is in the cake mix aisle of your grocery store.  However, I decided to make this "raw" dessert recipe and give my honest opinion.

1 C Walnuts
1 C Almonds
2 C Medjool dates
3/4 C Cocoa powder
1/4 C Coconut shavings
1/4 C Coconut oil
1 t. Vanilla extract
2 T Agave nectar
pinch of sea salt

In the food processor, blend the walnuts and almonds until finely ground.  
Add the cocoa powder, coconut, coconut oil, vanilla, agave, and salt, blend well

Rough chop the dates.


Add this to the food processor and process until it forms a sticky mass.


Press this into a 9X9 or 8X8 pan.


At this point you want to refrigerate it for an hour or so.
You can drizzle melted chocolate over this, or you can frost it with the following recipe:

Raw Chocolate Frosting:

Process the following in a food processor until smooth.
1/2 Avocado
3-5 T. Agave nectar
1/4 C. Cocoa powder
2 t. vanilla extract


I am a bit disappointed because I didn't take a picture of the finished product, but because it was actually really yummy (however not really a "brownie"), I'm sure I'll be making it again....and hopefully I'll post a picture then. ;)

UPDATE:  Here's the picture :)









No comments:

Post a Comment