Friday, May 2, 2014

Raised Bed Gardening

It's been 2 years since I had my first REAL garden.  I loved it...but last summer was too busy with traveling, I didn't have time for a garden.  The spot I used for my garden 2 summer's ago is no longer available...and our "yard" isn't really garden worthy, so I am going to put in some raised beds.  Two 8' x 4' beds to be exact, one that will be about 12" high (for carrots, beets, potatoes-root veggies) and the other 6" high for everything else.  This is a new adventure for me (even the gardening is "new" to me). 
 
A few weeks ago I started some of the plants inside...and here is where my babies are now:

 
So I got the wood...

And the dirt...

The plan is to get the boxes built this weekend, so through the week I can fill them with dirt, build the grid, and by memorial weekend I can start planting!  I am so excited for mid-summer veggies!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment