Friday, February 14, 2014

Juicing, Part 2

This was from a day ago when I was testing these two recipes for a demonstration next Sunday.  Needed to "taste-test" them.

First up "Sweet Greens" (from: Kris Carr "Crazy Sexy Juices and Succulent Smoothies")

I cut the recipe in 1/2  (since it was a taste-test)--the recipe below is the original full version

4 Granny Smith apples, 3 cucumbers (peeled), 5 kale leaves, 8 romaine leaves,1 1/2 C. spinach


All chopped up for the juicer.


This was also a very pretty green color...
And the 1/2 recipe yielded about 8oz. of juice


My opinions...I didn't like this one as much as my last juice post...I think the romaine gave it a strange taste? It wasn't nearly as sweet, and it's possible the Granny Smith apples threw it off for me...just not sweet enough.  Granny Smith are my least favorite apple.  For the name "Sweet Greens" I wasn't impressed with the "sweetness".

Next up: Beet, Apple, Pear, Ginger

This one I followed the full recipe (using 1 golden apple and 1/2 granny instead of 1 1/2 grannys) and got about 1 1/2 cups of juice.

1 Lg beet peeled, 1 golden apple, 1/2 granny smith apple, 1 1/2 pears, and 1" fresh ginger root( I used about half)

This was a VERY bright colored juice :)


My opinion?  It was pretty tasty and my friend, Sara, also liked it.  It did have a "beet" flavor, but no after-taste, and was quite sweet.






No comments:

Post a Comment