Friday, November 15, 2013

Pizza Night

With a household of 7-11 people it's very rare that we do "pizza night", however tonight I was feeling ambitious. :)

So starting with the following recipe:

1 1/2 C. warm water
2 t. yeast
2 T. olive oil 
2 t. salt
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C whole wheat pastry flour
2 C unbleached white flour
~ 1/2 C more flour for kneading

Mix water and yeast until dissolved, add oil and salt.  Mix in flours until dough forms, then knead until elastic.
Allow dough to rise until double.

THEN I tripled it...enough to make 6 pizza's.


 I wish I had taken a picture AFTER it had risen, but by then the rest of the household was tired of waiting for food, so I went right to work on getting them and out of the oven as quickly as I could.

The pictures below are of the 5th pizza out of the oven..the others were devoured too quickly to get a pic!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment