Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dr. Who Party Food

I have this very special princess in my life, and her sweet 16 is coming up this month and her dad is allowing me the pleasure to help out with a few food items. :)  She is (as well as the rest of her family) a big Whovian. Here are pics of a few trial runs.

First up red bowtie pasta.  Bowties are cool :)

A little food color gel a small amount of water in a ziplock...add cooked pasta and toss around :)




The finished product is a combination of red and white farfalle pasta, roasted chickpeas, tofu cubes, artichoke hearts and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette, and some basil leaves.


Next up, cupcake fezzes.



And the most recent test run was "fish fingers and custard" cookies.



So some notes...

The pasta salad is great both warm and cold.
The cupcakes are frosted by pouring warmed up (melted) frosting over them, this does harden as it cools.
The fish finger cookies looked more like fish fingers BEFORE baking, so next time I need to make them much "skinnier" because they do spread a bit as they bake.
AND I did make fruit by the foot red bowties, however, I can't find the picture :(

No comments:

Post a Comment