Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kakaós csiga

I finally did it, Kristof!!  Now, let me explain to the rest of you all.  Kristof is a Hungarian that came to live with us for a while as an exchange student.  He made me promise before he left that I would make Kakaós csiga, a Hungarian "Chocolate Roll".  So here is my attempt...

I had to convert the recipe to US measurements...since in America we have to be different...and at times difficult. ;)  (so this is my "version" of Kakaós csiga)

The Recipe:

Dough
Mix:
2 1/2 C unbleached all purpose flour
1 T. sugar
pinch of salt



Add
2 egg yolks
Warmed 3/4 and 1/8 C almond milk with 1 T. active dry yeast dissolved




Mix until a dough is formed, then let rise for about 1 hr. (should double in size)
 


Divide dough in half and roll out each half into a rectangle (like you would cinnamon rolls)




Brush with melted butter

Mix 6T cocoa powder and 12 T sugar and spread half of this over each rectangle of dough and roll up like a cinnamon roll.  Cut in 1-2 inch sections and place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.





Now the finished product with and without powdered sugar :)



My next attempt will be to "veganize" this recipe...not sure if the egg yolks make a difference or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment