Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ice "Cream" Cake Project...

I have some friends who are moving from Maryland to Arizona next week, and just realized they have been living here for 2 years and have never tasted our vegan "ice cream".  So their "going away" lunch is Saturday, time to make an ice cream cake (haven't done that in YEARS!).  So I have a "vision" for this cake...I don't want just a plain cake...I want a 2 tier ice cream cake...with fillings and flavors...ambitious...yes! :)  So the plan (for now) is a large "cake" on the bottom made with a layer of almond ice cream then almonds and chocolate chips then topped with a layer of chocolate ice cream.  Then for the second tier, a smaller "cake"   with a layer of almond ice cream then almonds and chopped strawberries, topped with a layer of strawberry ice cream. The actual decorating of the finished product is still being worked out in my head. Now, I can't actually put it all together until Saturday, but I will start this post with what I have so far and update the end result...*fingers crossed*

Mixed up and froze some almond ice cream and spread it in a large springform pan. (all that time at the DQ paid off here)

Then sprinkled a layer of almond and vegan chocolate chips...

Up close...looks so yummy :)

Same almond ice cream in the bottom for the second (smaller) tier.  This time almonds and chopped strawberries sprinkled on top.

yummy :)

Then these guys went into the freezer overnight...

And now, the reason I am up way too late again tonight...mixing and freezing the ice cream for top layers of each cake.  IF I don't do this tonight, the cakes won't be ready to assemble on Saturday, well at least not with the current daytime schedule I've been keeping!

Here is the top layer of chocolate ice 'cream' on the large cake.

....to be continued....


And here it is....


And the lovely family that the cake was made for...I will miss you ALL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment