Tuesday, November 25, 2014

School Lunches

It has been difficult to find things to pack in the boys school lunch.  I probably like variety more than most people, so eating the same thing for lunch everyday would be horrible for me!  Thankfully my boys aren't picky and will eat a lot of foods cold that I wouldn't.  I don't have a ton of pictures (that early in the morning my brain isn't functioning well enough to think about taking pictures).  However I will post the pictures I do have, and share some ideas.

First I purchased a few different sets of "lunch kits", you know the containers with compartments and lids.  I also purchased 3 (expensive) soup thermoses (is that how it's spelled?!?).  I store all of these in an "under-the-bed" tote under one of my kitchen shelve units.  And I cleared a space in one of my hall "pantry" cabinets and set up bins of lunch items.  Now all set :)

First Day of School 2014

Taco Bowls



My oldest takes salad almost everyday.


Bagel Sandwiches


Homemade "burgers"



Breakfast for lunch


Other things we have done:

Soups in a thermos
Cold chik'n nuggets
Cold veggie dogs
Veggie Wraps
Waffle Sticks
Pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment